Abandu is nice clean WordPress theme for your blog that allows your reader to focus on your content.
Your readers will love that its responsive layout means your content looks attractive, and readable, on devices of all sizes. Sporting crisp typography, three layout options, and post thumbnails means that Abandu might be the perfect theme for your blog!
Version 2.0, released on June 16, 2012, has been completely rewritten from scratch. Here’s some of its features:
- HTML5 markup
- Responsive: The theme is responsive so it fits to smaller screens
- Child theme friendly
- 6 Widget-ready areas: Sidebar, Single Posts, Three footer widget-areas and the 404 error page.
- Two custom widgets
- Supports post image thumbnails
- The image attachment page displays the image metadata and EXIF data
- Extensive Documentation
- Localization Support (contains .pot file) – Danish translation already added!
- Woocommerce compatible
- A few shortcodes for use in the footer text and text widgets
- Editor stylesheet so the visual editor matches the theme style
- RTL stylesheet for right-to-left languages
- Custom menu support
Custom Header Logo and Custom Background
Of course, Abandu supports the WordPress features you know and love! Upload your own logo and set a background color or image of your choice to put a final personal touch on your blog.
You can upload your own custom logo, use a text-only logo or use both!
Simple Theme Options page
Abandu has a small, but useful Theme Options page which allows you to change the most important things without having to create a child theme.
The theme supports the new WordPress 3.4 Theme Customizer feature which allows you to make changes to the theme and live preview them.
Abandu comes with support for WordPress post formats so you can create any content you want.
Includes the Aside, Gallery, Image, Quote, Link, Status, Chat, Audio and Video post formats.
You can see the different formats in action on this demo site.
You can choose between to have the sidebar to the left, right or no sidebar! You even have the ability to change the layout on per-post/page basis.
Please notice that the new version 2.0 requires WordPress 3.4 or newer.